Ph. ZARA People // ZARA bomber (that I already flirted with here).
I am sorry for my absence this past week. I am kind of overloaded with work and haven’t been able to put together any posts to share with you. However, when I saw this picture the other day my passion reignited and I had to share it. Oh, and an honorable mention to the pinky rings. Have to get myself some of those…
Enjoy your Sunday!
Yesterday I had the pleasure of discovering the new H&M exclusive conscious collection (via My Face Hunter, where you can see the whole lookbook) and I am marveled. Really. The clothes are so pretty, so elegant, so feminine. These are my favourites:
- Need this No. 1 (sorry… perfect princess moment!) -
- Need this No. 2 (beautiful and with pockets! mamma mia…) -
- Need this No. 3 (that top is just awesome!) -
Gorgeous pieces, so sophisticated… And green! Being fabulous never felt so right. H&M rocks!
Adorable. Nasty Gal is best know for its available range of sexy cool stuff. Most of them not my style. There’s a thin line between sexy and trashy and I find that a lot of the clothes actually do cross that line, so no. However, there’s also a bunch of very cool stuff, if your point isn’t just showing pretty much all the material (if the material is good, be my guest! ). Like jewelry, accessories, some shoes and jackets (remember me craving this one?). You already know I have a thing for jackets… and how about this one? Isn’t it cute (and the name: Dream Chaser – Love it!)?
Perfect for spring! Oh Yeah! [ Steal it from me here ]
My best friend told me the other day that one of my biggest flaws is to be impulsive. I wasn’t aware of that but after letting it sink in I realized she is right, indeed.
My point? Well… I saw these Jean Louis David pictures yesterday at the mall and suddenly I really feel that the time to go short has come, because I can’t take them of my mind. And you know the drill, when you need a reboot you usually start with a new hairstyle (even though I cut it 2 months ago, but who cares…), right? And truth be told I already lost the deep nurturing feel of preciosity most women have for their hair.
Bottom line: so, for the sake of maybe not being so impulsive, tell me please – is this a stupid idea? Is there any chance this could look on me? On my face and body type?
Opinions, please? Thank you!
Well, it wouldn’t be wise for most people to mix these all together, and no one’s actually suggesting you do. Let’s say that, in terms of style, as in life, I like to try a lot of things, and then see what fits best. Right now I am gravitating around this stuff:
1. MINIMAL STRAPS: Craving these – those who can’t shop Saint Laurent shop Zara – but not sure they’ll look good on me…
2. BRETON STRIPES: A classic is a classic, and a classic is essential. I had to replace mine (I stained it somehow and no miracle could save it… ) – I’m now waiting for this one to arrive (a blend of cotton, silk and cashmere seemed like a good choice – if it’s a classic and it’s essential, better be good too: quality does matter!)…
3. OPEN BACK: Some find a cleavage sexy, others a good pair of legs (who doesn’t?!) – for me the sexiest thing a woman can wear is something with an open back. More on that later…
4. WHITE WHITE WHITE: As the temperatures raise (hopefully), my sartorial options get lighter, in weight and in color, as black is replaced with the luminous and fresh white.
5. DELICATE JEWELRY: I am kinda tired of making so much statements with my neck for the past months… Let’s ease things out and reduce the noise. Seems like a much better option right now…
6. MIRRORED SUNGLASSES: I didn’t liked them that much at first but they grew on me! It happens…
7. NOT SO PLAIN WHITE T-SHIRTS: I love these but I find it hard to actually find some that I truly like… Bummer.
8. OLD HOLLYWOOD GLAM WAVES: This glamourous hairstyling option partnered with the perfectly defined red lips goes perfect with my (now not so) new hair, although they take time… But the end result is always pleasing.
9. SEQUINS & GOLD: Well, it’s shinny stuff… I think I’ve mentioned here before that I am pretty much like a mosquito in these things – bright stuff just have a way of catching my attention…
10. HOLOGRAPHIC NAILS: I’m not sure I’ll like this, but it looks so cool that I have to try… If it happens to turn into a failed relationship, at least you learn something. Does anyone know where can I find nail polish like this one?
11. FEMININE & SEXY LINGERIE: As I said before, beauty and confidence comes from inside out (of course this means character, but lingerie helps too). Beautiful and delicate pieces can do marvels to your ego… I kid you not.
12. 50 SHADES OF GREY (sorry, too easy…) DECOR: I have phases… like the moon! Sometimes I want everything colorful and bright, other times I just want things clean, neutral and peaceful – I am in that phase now. I already bought the paint and the wallpaper… I am just waiting for a bravery strike to hit me so I can start to get things done…
13. VESTS, WAISTCOATS, SLEEVELESS COATS – WHATEVER: This one specifically is so last season, but I still stare at this imagining how this gives an instant cool vibe to an outfit. This one is cool, too.
14. HATS ARE COOL: I’ve always loved hats but I haven’t always dared to put them on (and because of that I gave away a bunch of them). However, since I won’t be able to pack them, I cut the shit and I am using the ones I have every time I can while they’re available. Who knows I might die over there and the poor things never get used… Shame!
15. SPRING’S AROUND THE CORNER: YAY!! Spring is my absolute favorite season of the year and I love to see the blooming trees! Bring it on, bitches!! I am tired of this fucking rain all the time!
Zara, Zara (65,95 EUR)… Killing me softly on a regular basis.
The new Zara February Lookbook is out, and as everyone seems to be crazy for this ‘skirt’. I, though, fell in love with these 3 pieces – the black tuxedo, the offwhite silk blouse and the orange coat. Love.
I don’t remember how I met TOPSHOP. But I remember it caused a good first impression on me. It was a long time ago. Anyway, it was only natural that when I first went to London I had to make that a stopping point on my travel plan. It was a complete torture for my boyfriend but he was very patient and I managed to see the whole store (the flagship store on Oxford Circus).
After carefully taking a look at everything I was the face of disappointment. Though some things looked cool, the materials were terrible, the finishes shameful and the prices ridiculous having those two previous mentioned factors in consideration. I remember that the only things that really tempted me were the shoes and the jewelry, and so I got a pair of ballerinas (that got ruined only a few months later) and a statement pearl necklace that I still love but I’ve only worn once and quite recently (this trip was about 4 years ago).
After that, TOPSHOP finally made shipping to Portugal possible and in a strike of instant passion I ordered my tan booties (made in Portugal, I’d like to mention that), that I still love and wear quite often.
Other than that I don’t own anything else from TOPSHOP, basically because of that fundamental problem: too much for too little.
But that’s about to change. TOPSHOP released last thursday (7th Feb) their new line: Unique. And I am truly marveled. The clean lines, minimal designs, the cool yet chic pieces in very sober colors only with a few accents in bold colors, patterns or metallics. It’s quite perfect. And the simple yet daring garments seem to me to be of those you keep for a long long time in your wardrobe. I swear to God I’d buy everything bellow – my favorites – if I could. The collection is still not the most affordable for the regular customer, but the quality in the design and the materials are far better, so it’s a way better choice.
See all the looks here and shop the line here.
Images via Style.com
I need a camera. A big and good one still, but that takes a load of cash I still don’t have, so, right now a simple and tiny point-and-shoot camera to carry around in my bag is enough and welcome.* Cell phone pics just suck (Nokia, I’m sorry but you either keep up or you just give up – I got this new Nokia Asha 305 from a promotion that my phone/internet provider offered my dad – I took it because the phone is dual SIM and that always comes handy, but the phone itself is the worst! Writing messages in that touchscreen is a nightmare, the camera is terrible, there are no apps, … Jesus! I wonder if they are suposed to release a certain number of shitty phones per year… if so they are certainly doing it right!). And well, there are many many times I wish my eyes could just take pictures. Seriously. But since they can’t, better try to do it the easy and possible way.
Now, I found this PENTAX and it is really cute – Ok, I am a total girl and I just want this one because it is pretty! – but it seems to be good enough for what I need and the price tag is nice too. I love the slightly retro design, and though it comes with some skins to personalize it (one of those pointless extras I just find incredibly stupid), I do like the fact that it comes in other colors than black. But I am now divided: black or purple (I am not really a pink person)? Hummm… Decisions, decisions!
Any opinions? Thank you!
*Also under consideration is the purchasing of a lomo camera (on my budget La Sardina is my favorite) and an analog DSLR. Still maturing these thoughts…
I want this jacket. Badly. Why? Because the minute I saw it, Ryan Gosling with his satin scorpion embroidered jacket in Drive poped into my head. I don’t know exactly why, but it did. And I loved that movie. It’s funny how certain things get deep into your soul and inspire you – this thought is obviously taken to an whole psycho perspective by some people, but then again, there will always be crazy people in the world (I promise I won’t be shooting or smacking anyone’s skull anywhere) – and I know this might be the tacky-est or the coolest thing I’ve ever laid my hands on, but I need this jacket to my collection. And I know that’s not a scorpion – I’m not that keen on scorpions (heeeew) – but sakura flowers are much better and an whole other story… awesome and sweet. Oriental stuff has always captivated me… [I just happened to recently found out that my birthday is the perfect time to go to Japan to see the sakura flowers, so I better start getting that arranged for, well, maybe next year... Ehehe - Oh, dreamers!]
Now, you have the badass and the cuteness in the same jacket – Sweet! :D It’s black and gold, and you know I dig that; and if by any reason I happen to get tired of the embroidery, it is REVERSIBLE (see the picture bellow)! Zara, Zara why do you do this to me? Ahhhh… I am so fuckin’ weak.
Better get back to work… See you later, guys!